Modification Date: January 16, 2022
Doggie Karma LLC ("us", "we", "our", or "Doggie Karma") operates this website.
This page informs you of our policies relating to the collection, use, disclosure, and erasure of personal data when you use our website or otherwise interact with us or our smart contracts. There are different regulations relating to privacy from around the world, so please make sure you read this entire policy to ensure you understand our practices fully.
2. What Personal Information Does Doggie Karma Collect?
Doggie Karma collects your personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and services. We collect information from you when you use our site, buy any Doggie Karma Products, subscribe to our newsletter, email us, respond to a survey or fill out a form.
We may collect the following types of information from you:
Information provided directly to us.
- Personal Identification Information: Full name, nationality, signature, home address, billing address, phone number, credit card or payment details (through a third-party processor), gender, and/or email address.
- Correspondence: Survey responses, information provided to our support team or user research team.
- Transaction Information: Information about the transactions you make on the Doggie Karma Products, such as the name of the recipient, your name, the amount, and/or timestamp.
- Audio, electronic, visual, and similar information, such as call and video recordings.
Information collected automatically. To the extent permitted under applicable law, we may collect certain types of information automatically, such as whenever you interact with the Doggie Karma Products. This information helps us address customer support issues, improve the performance of our sites and services, and provide you with a personalized experience.
- Online Identifiers: Location/tracking details, browser fingerprint, operating system, browser name and version, and/or IP addresses.
- Usage Data: Authentication data, security questions, click-stream data, public social networking posts, and other data collected via cookies and similar technologies.
- Device type and unique device identification numbers.
- Device event information (such as crashes, system activity and hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL).
- How your device interacts with the Doggie Karma Products, including pages accessed, time spent on site, and links clicked.
- Broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location).
- Other technical data collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other similar technologies that uniquely identify your browser.
- Transaction History.
Information collected from third parties. From time to time, we may obtain information about you from third party sources as permitted by applicable law. These sources may include:
- Joint Marketing Partners: For example, unless prohibited by applicable law, joint marketing partners may share information about you with us so that we can better understand which of the Doggie Karma Products may be of interest to you.
- Advertising Networks & Analytics Providers: We work with these providers to provide us with de-identified information about how you found and interact with our website and the Doggie Karma Products.
3. How is Personal Information Used?
Our primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a secure, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. We generally use personal information to create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve the Doggie Karma Products, as well as any content and advertising we produce. We may use this information in the following ways:
1. To maintain legal and regulatory compliance as necessary.
2. To enforce all terms and conditions set out in our Disclaimer, Terms, and Conditions ("Terms").
3. To detect and prevent fraud.
4. To provide the Doggie Karma Products.
5. To provide communication regarding the Doggie Karma Products.
6. To provide customer service.
7. To ensure the security of our network and all information thereon.
8. For research and development purposes, including to better understand how you interact with the Doggie Karma Products.
9. To enhance your experience, including personalization of the experience and storage of personal preferences.
10. For the purposes of corporate transactions, including sales and acquisitions.
11. For marketing activities, including (without limitation) marketing communications such as emails or push notifications, to deliver targeted marketing, and to provide you with promotional offers.
12. For any purpose for which you provide consent.
13. For transaction services, including handling of orders, processing payments, and communicating with you about services and orders.
4. What About Cookies and Other Identifiers?
We use operational cookies and similar tools (collectively, "cookies") to provide the Doggie Karma Products, for example:
- Recognising you when you sign-in to use the Doggie Karma Products.
- Providing customised features and services.
- Displaying features and services which might be of interest to you, including ads on our services.
- Preventing fraudulent activity.
- Improving security.
- Keeping track of your preferences such as language.
The settings on your browser will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to disable and remove cookies, and when cookies will expire.
5. Will We Share Your Personal Information?
We are not in the business of selling data, and we take care to allow your personal information to be accessed only by persons or entities that require access to perform their tasks and duties. In addition, we share only with third parties who have a legitimate purpose for accessing it. We share your information in the following circumstances:
- Third party service providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing payments, and transmitting content/emails. These third-party service providers have access to the personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information only as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Protection of Doggie Karma and others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law or with our regulatory obligations; enforce or apply our Terms; or protect the rights, property or safety of Doggie Karma and our users. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With financial institutions with which we partner to process payments you have authorized.
- With professional advisors who provide banking, legal, compliance, insurance, accounting, or other consulting services in order to complete third party financial, technical, compliance and legal audits of our operations or otherwise comply with our legal obligations.
- With law enforcement, officials, or other third parties when we are compelled to do so by a subpoena, court order, or similar legal procedure, or when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, to report suspected illegal activity, or to investigate violations of our User Agreement or any other applicable policies.
6. How Secure is My Personal Information?
Security and privacy is of utmost importance to us, and we work to protect the security of your personal information during transmission by using encryption protocols and software.
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
However, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorized acquisition, or alteration of your data will not occur. Please recognize that you play a vital role in protecting your own personal information. When registering with the Doggie Karma Products, it is important to choose a password of sufficient length and complexity, to not reveal this password to any third-parties, and to immediately notify us if you become aware of any unauthorized access to or use of your account.
Furthermore, we cannot ensure or warrant the security or confidentiality of information you transmit to us or receive from us by internet or wireless connection, including email, phone, or SMS, since we have no way of protecting that information once it leaves and until it reaches us. If you have reason to believe that your data is no longer secure, please contact us.
7. Retention of Personal Information
If a legal claim arises involving your data, we will store and disclose that data until the matter has resolved.
8. Personal Information of Children
We do not knowingly request or collect personal information from any person under the age of 18. If a user submitting personal information is suspected of being younger than 18 years of age, Doggie Karma will not allow the user to continue using the Doggie Karma Products. We will also take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Please notify us if you know of any individuals under the age of 18 using our Services so we can take action to prevent access to the Doggie Karma Products.
9. Legal Bases for Collecting Personal Information
The EU GDPR and UK data protection laws require a legal basis for our use of personal information. Our basis varies depending on the specific purpose for which we use personal information. We rely on:
- Performance of a contract when we provide you with products or services, or communicate with you about them. This includes when we use your personal information to take and handle orders or to process payments.
- Our legitimate business interests and the interests of our users when we detect and prevent fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our users, ourselves, or others.
- Your consent when we ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
- Compliance with a legal obligation when we use your personal information to comply with laws. For instance, we collect bank account information for identity verification purposes.
- These and other legal bases depending on the purpose for which we use personal information.
10. Your Right To Ask For Corrections, Erasure, And Export Of Your Data
You have the right to control your personal data. Specifically, you have the following rights:
- Access and portability. You may request that we provide you a copy of your personal information held by us. This information will be provided without undue delay subject to a potential fee associated with gathering of the information (as permitted by law), unless such provision adversely affects the rights and freedoms of others.
- Rectification of incomplete or inaccurate personal information. You may request us to rectify or update any of your personal information held by Doggie Karma that is inaccurate.
- Erasure. You may request to erase your personal information, subject to applicable law.
- Withdraw consent. To the extent the processing of your personal information is based on your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time.
- Restriction of processing. In some jurisdictions, applicable law may give you the right to restrict or object to us processing or transferring your personal information under certain circumstances. We may continue to process your personal information if it is necessary for the defense of legal claims, or for any other exceptions permitted by applicable law.
- Automated individual decision-making, including profiling. We don’t profile you, but keep in mind you have this right with other sites. In some jurisdictions, you have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing of your personal information, including profiling, which produces legal or similarly significant effects on you, save for the exceptions applicable under relevant data protection laws.
- Marketing communications. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from Doggie Karma. Direct marketing includes any communications to you that are only based on advertising or promoting our products and services. We will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) based on our legitimate interests, as permitted by applicable law, or your consent.
11. Ad-Targeting Policy
This Ad Targeting Policy describes how we use and share data for online targeted marketing purposes. We may share information about you and other customers collectively (but not specifically identifiable to you) with our parent company, our affiliated companies, and with third parties. This information includes:
- Demographic information (gender, estimated age, and general geographic location, and your estimated purchase ability);
- Summarized census information and other publicly available information (estimated education level, homeownership status, and estimated occupation type); and
- Your inferred and expressed interests, including transactional information and product interests we derive from your visits to some of the sites listed above.
12. Third-Party Links
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
13. DMCA Disclosures
We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. As part of the compliance process, we may be required to disclose whatever information we have for you to a copyright holder who has submitted a complaint to us.
14. Rights of California Residents
Under the CCPA, you may have the following consumer rights. Please note that these rights are not absolute and in certain cases are subject to conditions or limitations as specified in the CCPA:
- For personal information collected by us during the preceding 12 months preceding your request that is not otherwise subject to an exception, California residents have the right to access and delete their personal information. Doggie Karma will not discriminate against those who exercise their rights. Specifically, if you exercise your rights, we will not deny you services, charge you different prices for services, or provide you a different level or quality of services.
- To the extent we sell your personal information to third parties, you also have the right to request that we disclose to you: (i) the categories of your personal information that we sold, and (ii) the categories of third parties to whom your personal information was sold. You have the right to direct us not to sell your personal information. Doggie Karma does not sell your personal information in its ordinary course of business.
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
Pursuant to the California Online Privacy Protection Act, we hereby disclose that we do not currently honor “do not track” signals issued by browsers or other third party sources.
15. How to Contact Us
Doggie Karma LLC
30 N Gould St.
Sheridan, WY 82801